Bingo Bar Blog

Welcome to the Bingo Bar Blog...Headquarters for your daily dose of sports entertainment.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Best Picture of the Year early favorite???




Story from ScreenCrave...

Sylvester Stallone has always been a bit of a bad-ass, but he seems to have taken it a bit to far on the set of his latest movie, The Expendables. The new movie has got a strong roster of action-flick alumni, including Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mickey Rourke, and Jason Statham. Apparently they beat the heck out of each other and Stallone has kept quiet about the injuries until now. In a recent interview with FHM magazine, Stallone revealed that as a result of the intense fight scenes, he sustained a hairline fracture and had to have a plate inserted into his neck. The injuries that could have killed him had he not gone to the hospital.

Sylvester Stallone said, ”Man, it was seven guys, kicking each other’s ass, one guy tougher than the next … no joke, our stunt guys were begging for mercy.”
He went on to describe how he broke his neck…

“Actually, my fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I’m not joking. I haven’t told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterwards. I now have a metal plate in my neck.”
His fight scenes with Dolph Lundgren…

“I gave him orders to try to knock me out while the cameras were rolling. At one point, he hit me so hard on the top of the head I felt my spine compress.” “He then hit me with an almighty uppercut. That night my chest and heart started to swell, and I had to be helicopter-ambulanced from my hotel to a nearby emergency room…I was told that Dolph had punched my rib cage into my chest, compressing my heart….If it had swollen any more, I would have died. After that, I was like, ‘Dolph, it’s only a movie, bro…”
Seriously, Sylvester Stallone is 63 and he is still awesome. I do wonder why this didn’t come out earlier? One would think that if he broke his neck, he wouldn’t be able to direct and act in a film. But then again, broken necks are for pansies and Sylvester Stallone is not a pansy.

This guy needs to calm down a bit...as faras the actual movie goes..wow. Look at this all star lineup of a cast...Rocky, Drago, John McClain, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Transporter, The Terminator, Harley Davidson...the list goes on...credit for this one goes to friend of the Bingo Bar Blog DJ Gordon by the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment